- 27-Jun-2013 to 25-Oct-2013 (PST)
- Process Sciences
- CA, USA
- Full Time
The Senior Research Scientist is responsible for developing, implementing, and optimizing analytical methods used in characterization of the company's recombinant glycoprotein products. The Senior Research Scientist also conducts research to characterize biologicals under development.
JOB REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Will help the Director and the Manager organize and implement the protein characterization program for both Peregrine and Avid's clients.
• Will utilize a diverse array of technologies for the characterization of glycoproteins in formulations being developed at Peregrine and Avid.
• Will continuously update knowledge with respect to the latest technological breakthroughs.
• Will serve as a resource to both Peregrine and Avid regarding glycoprotein analytical methods and interpretation of analytical data.
• Will continuously update knowledge in the fields of molecular and cellular biology particularly pertaining to cancer biology, angiogenesis, nuclear structure and gene expression.
• Will assist in managing research collaborations with third parties at other research sites.
• Will discuss assay development and other scientific issues with Avid clients.
• Will present project results at conferences and meetings or through the publication of manuscripts in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in biochemistry or analytical chemistry with at least five years of experience in glycoprotein protein characterization. Work with antibodies is preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!